Your Health: Mouth Body Connection
Can Infections in the Mouth Impact / Cause other medical problems?
Studies done by the American Academy of Periodontology and countless medical professionals from many different specialties, point to a significant mouth – body connection that can have serious health consequences for those suffering with periodontal disease.
The bacteria that causes the periodontal disease can enter the blood stream and lead to:
- Heart Disease, the nation’s leading cause of death
- Higher risks for Strokes
- Higher risks of low-weight, pre-term births
- Higher risk of bacterial respiratory infections due to aspiration of bacteria into the lung
- Greater difficulty for patients with diabetes to control their blood sugar and in many cases increasing blood sugar
- Higher risks associated with Osteoporosis
Don’t ignore your oral health! Periodontal disease is a serious condition that should be treated!
Learn More About the Impact of Periodontal Disease n Your Overall Health!