covid-19: how we are protecting you
Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Lopez-Belio and receive a straightforward answer.
Dr. Lopez-Belio and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), American Dental Association (ADA), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. As a team we are actively training in infection control procedures.
These measures include:
- Screening of dental team and patients
- Dental team will be screened twice a day including temperature readings
- Patients will be screened two days prior to the appointment and on the day of the appointment. We will be taking everyone’s temperature when they enter the office.
- Patients will be scheduled to best maintain social distancing guidelines. Patients may be requested to wait in their cars until they receive a text indicating we are ready to seat them.
- New Scheduling Guidelines: Doctor will see one patient and Hygienist will see one patient. No double-booking.
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces including operatories, business office, reception area, door handles, etc.
- Gowns, face shields and Level 3 Surgical Masks used at all times
- Disposable materials
- Touch-Free Disinfectant hand soap
- Patients required to use hand sanitizer upon entering the office and prior to checking out at the conclusion of their visit with us.
- Touch-Free Credit Card terminal including Apple Pay is available
- Touch-Free trash cans.
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.
Rediscover Your Smile at Wellington Center for Laser Dentistry. A Dental Experience You Can Feel Great About. Call us Today! Wellington Center for Laser Dentistry Phone Number 561-791-8184
Our Office Hours are From Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Wednesday through Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM